Monday, March 14, 2011

Read of the month: March


I am only a couple of pages away from finishing Vladimir Nabokov's novel "Lolita". Such an enjoyable read, despite the controversial subject matter. Nabokov was a genius of language. He makes you ignore his main character's behaviour (who falls in love with a 12-year old girl) and even sympathize him. He writes so eloquently that every single page is interesting and pleasant to read.
Can't wait to see what the end is... but I am already sure it's going to be a good one.
What are you reading at the moment?

3 comments:

  1. I planned to wear the same kind of socks tomorrow! Needless to say, I planned it before I saw this post :D

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you...this is such a great book! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lily, Lolita is on my list of books to read. I should do a book of the month too...I use to but fell off. Currently reading Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri. Last month I read Interpreter of Maladies by the same author she's an amazing writer. She also lives in Bklyn.

    ReplyDelete

An old myth says that if you leave from a blog without sharing your opinion about a post, a little raccoon will sneak in your room tonight and it will steal your favourite pair of socks! Beware!