Dexter and I are partners in crime.
We are the perfect team: he's the brains, because all of his ideas are brilliant, and I am the looks, because - well, he is a handsome mister, but I am a girl and I would have been very upset with any other arrangement. We go on all sorts of adventures together: sometimes we go on an expedition to find the best waffles in the neighbourhood, sometimes we go out for a run (we both agree exercise is important - especially after a waffle), and sometimes we randomly decide that gardening is our newest hobby so we seek for lilac tulips and supplies and advice on how to take care of flowers. Dexter is pretty excited to participate in just about anything (excluding cleaning) but sometimes he likes to do things his way.
Here's a short list of some of his most brilliant ideas:
- Can I have half of your breakfast? It looks pretty tasty and I'm sure you don't need that much food anyways. We're pals, let's share. You know you can always have some of my dog food, if you want.
- A midnight walk! But not just tonight! Every night this week! Don't worry, I'll let you know when the time is right. 3am should be just fine.
- Do I see another dog across the street? Lets totally freeze until we know for sure if it's a friend or a foe. Trust me, it's a good tactic.
- It's raining cats and dogs and it's also freezing outside - we might stay out for a couple of hours, wouldn't it be fun? Dancing in the rain, playing in puddles, digging holes - all sorts of fun activities to choose from!
- Can I have some of your lunch? I didn't have much breakfast. Sharing is caring.
- Did I just see a cat hide under that car over there? Let's check - I think we will all manage to fit in there and have a party.
- Let's examine this piece of rock thorougly - half an our of sniffing should do the trick. I think I might have found something. I need time. More time. More time - oh look! Another rock! Forget the first one, this is it!
- Let's bring all sorts of sticks home and hide them under the sofa. A tree might magically grow. An apple tree! Apples are tasty. What's for dinner?
Dexter is a funny little guy but sometimes he gets a little too excited. We couldn't hide under the car with that one cat. Nor was it such a great idea to play in puddles because - as it turned out - mud is fun only until you try to get it all off. But we're having so much fun together it doesn't matter that things sometimes end up with boring baths or light bruises or scratches or - like that one time - with a black eye.