Monday, October 03, 2011

New Indian

If you have followed my works for some time, you probably know by now that I am all about details and textures. Sometimes it takes me hours, other times it takes me days to finish a certain illustration, but for me it's the most enjoyable part of drawing.
However, every rule has an exception, and this "New Indian" proves it. Imagine spending three days drawing textures. Now imagine not saving the file. Like, never. (Yes, I do that a lot. I have a superstition that if I save the file, I will never finish it. Pretty stupid, I know...). Then imagine doing everything all over again, you're almost finished... and your laptop dies. Like, forever. And a little bit of your love for texturing dies, too.
I somehow managed to finish this illustration but to be honest, I don't think you'll be seeing details and textures from me in the next month. I will definitely need a break. :)

Have a wonderful week everyone!
~

10 comments:

  1. your details and textures is what i love about your work! this one is pretty sweet, the feathers are awesome!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adore her headress.

    oh please, for the sake of art, switch superstitions! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible. You put so much detail into the head dress that my eyes just vibrate looking at it! The texture is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! You are seriously talented!



    http://samalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT'S a nightmare. I'm happy this is done though because I love it so much ._.

    About that superstition... it's not a bad one. It seems to happen to me when I try doing things digitally. When I save something it goes into unfinished limbo...

    anastasia
    ugly plants

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I find drawing patterns and textures kind of relaxing... but eep, why do laptops always seem to freeze JUST when you are about to save/finish a big project?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is absolutely stunning. You are so talented!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment! <3 I hope you'll come by again :)

    <3LauraJane
    http://littlemisslj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanted to let you know you've won an blog award!

    http://theowlsden.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-first-blog-award-7-things.html

    I love that whole piece the details and everything. It's a such beautiful piece of artwork.

    xo Amber P.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous!! I hope you don't take a break from it for too long!

    ReplyDelete

An old myth says that if you leave from a blog without sharing your opinion about a post, a little raccoon will sneak in your room tonight and it will steal your favourite pair of socks! Beware!